My favorite tv show has a big number coming up. The 100th episode will air tomorrow. For that I wanted to do something and I had this idea for a poster with a lot of pictures from different episodes. So i started my project a couple of days ago. First I collected all kinds of episode promotion pictures from as many episode as I could find and pictures from behind the scenes. In total I had over 1200 pictures.
The next step was to get all pictures to the same size and they had to be in a square format. For that i made an action in photoshop, which cropped and saved the picture. And with batch I was working through all pictures. It still took like three hours because I had to check every crop. But with an action and batch it’s still faster than doing it all on my own for every picture.
Now I had all my pictures in the right size but they still were in order of the episodes and I wanted them in a random order. But I got this problem solved thanks to a tool named Ant Renamer.
So after that I tried the Contact Sheet II feature of Photoshop to get all pictures on one sheet and that’s the background you can see on the posters and wallpaper. That took over 4 hours btw but Photoshop was working on it’s own. I could spent this time with other stuff. In total there are 1728 different pictures in the background of the posters.
The rest was pretty „easy“ stuff: cutting people out and paste them on the background. 😉
First I just wanted to do a poster but I liked it so much, that I wanted to have it on my desktop as well. That’s why I made two wallpaper with the same design.
A lot of work, but I loved doing it.